Monday 26 April 2010

Tom Baldwin, TUSC

TUSC PPC (Bristol South),
Tom Baldwin's endorsement & reply

1) "The income tax system should be reformed to make it fairer. The changes you have proposed seem to be fairer then the current system. I'm not sure they would be the exact method by which we would change it but the principle of the rich paying more and the poor less is absolutely something I agree with".

2) "Yes, the rich should pay more tax than the poor. This would mean in my opinion not just reform of the income tax system to make it more progressive. I would also like to see a rise in corporation tax, the tax paid on the profits of big companies. I also think the tax loopholes should be closed and the wealthy tax avoiders made to pay their share. However even the most progressive system of taxation can only go so far in redistributing wealth. The owners of big companies make their money from the exploitation of the people they employ, I would support taking the banks and big businesses that dominate the economy out of private hands and into public ownership. This would mean they could be run under deomcratic control and the profits that currently line the pockets of a handful of super-rich could be put back into society as a whole".

3) "A more progressive tax system is part of what my party stands for and I will continue to campaign for this after the election, whether elected or not".

Yours,
Tom Baldwin

No comments:

Post a Comment